Sheepo (Nintendo Switch)
sheepo-switchRegular price $43.99 Save $-43.99
It’s Sheepo’s first day on the job at an intergalactic species database. His first task? To visit an uncharted planet and save all its living creatures from extinction! It might seem like a lot of work for a single day, but thankfully a day on Planet Cebron lasts 8,000 Earth days. Specifically, Sheepo must collect one unhatched egg from every creature on the planet. With each egg Sheepo collects, you gain the ability to shape-shift into that creature and explore the deeper reaches of the planet’s sprawling environment. Learn the ins and outs of controlling not only Sheepo, but also the five other playable creatures you can seek out and collect, each with different controls and movement options. Transform into a LongBird to fly and reach high places, or transform into a SpineWorm to dig through secret underground tunnels. Gameplay stays fresh as you constantly have new creature controls to learn and master. While Sheepo is a Metroidvania, it contains no standard combat; gameplay is based on platforming and exploration because Sheepo comes in peace and aims only to help the creatures he comes across. Build your own path and explore the open and interconnected world at your own pace. Discover lush forests, glowing caves, an abandoned mall, and old shrines. Chat with some of the strange creatures you come across. Learn their history, or complete small tasks in exchange for feathers (Planet Cebron’s currency). Most locals are friendly, but beware—each species’ queen will protect her eggs at all costs! To collect a new creature, you’ll first have to get past that species queen. Sheepo can’t directly attack but he duck and dodge the varied attacks from the game’s seven distinct boss battles.
- Visit an uncharted planet and save all its living creatures from extinction by collecting one unhatched egg from every one—but beware! Each species has a queen
- Quirky pacifistic Metroidvania where you shape-shift into any of the creatures you cross
- Explore a sprawling interconnected world of lush forests, glowing caves, an abandoned mall, and old shrines
- Duck and dodge attacks in seven distinct boss battles
- Complete small tasks in exchange for feathers—Planet Cebron’s currency